Thread: Wanted to buy: New/used mountain bike

Default Wanted to buy: New/used mountain bike

I am 5'8" and want a men's style frame. Would like to spend $500 or less.
    Thanks.

I have this I can sell.
    minimum I'd take is $400.00
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Like the bike, but it looks very small. what is the size? My road bike is a men's large . I have LONG legs :)

I'm ready to part with my '99 Schwinn Homegrown Pro. It's an exceptional race back and in very good condition. I'm 5'10" and the frame fits me well but I think it's ideal for someone 5'8" - 5'9". I bought it from a guy in Chicago who put all new lighter parts on it. I think I paid $700 or so. I'd sell it now for $500. Got my use out of it. It's the one in this picture. Helped me win the comp that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Kidding! Here's a link to the real pics. https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#AB5oqs3qGlRxX9

Comes with everything shown but the pedals. Let me know 56three-nine-40-9712. Good luck!

I don't know why we do this encryption of phone numbers. Mielke started it now I feel like if I don't, somebody is going to steal my identity, rob me of my family and leave me on the rocks down by the river. Actually, if he leaves me with my fat bike, that might not be so bad...
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by LakeGirl View Post
    Like the bike, but it looks very small. what is the size? My road bike is a men's large . I have LONG legs :)
    I think it's a medium. with the seat up I can pedal it fine on trail. You're welcome to give it a test ride.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.