Thread: Friday Fun Ride Featuring Fat Bike and Friends 1/25 1:00pm

Default Friday Fun Ride Featuring Fat Bike and Friends 1/25 1:00pm

Back by popular demand, we are going to blow off work Friday afternoon and do what this club does best...ride bikes with friends whilst having fun.

There really is no plan on where we'll be heading, but let's plan on meeting downtown Davenport at 12:30-1:00 and see what the mood is and go from there. May hit some trails, roads, river banks, ice and or snow...hopefully. Details aren't important for having a good time- it'll be had one way or another.

If you're stuck at work, just sext us when you're off and we'll give you GPS coordinates as to our whereabouts. Text or voice call will work also.

Cheers!

P.S. If by chance we end up at the legendary Enchanted Inn...god help us all.
    Last edited by badfish41; 01-24-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

timing couldn't be better.

I'm in.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Sounds like an ok time................maybe I can get off work.

Yep, I can get off work, see you there.

Is this ride fat bike-specific?

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Is this ride fat bike-specific?

"Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post

I shall partake.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Enchanted Inn?!? Crap. I may have to reconsider my earlier denial of your proposal. Hey, if u end up at the mooners place or the Inn, can you ask if they have my spare GoPro battery???
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    P.S. If by chance we end up at the legendary Enchanted Inn...god help us all.
    Suddenly, I feel sick on Saturday.

I'll be at Great River Brewery to park and ride from around 12:30. Will hope to be saddled up around 1.

Sounds lame. My cubical is fun. So are errands. Chores. Responsible adult grownup stuff.
    Thats sofa king wrong.

I regret having a day jerb.

Oddly, this is where we ended up.

Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

I always think rides like that are going to be a blast, then when they are over they always turn out waaaaay better than I thought. One of the better rides I ever been on happened yesterday.

Good times, fellas. Thanks for the coming out, keeping the scene alive.

Heading back out in a bit for some recon stompin'.

Cheers!!

Raul thanks for coordinating. Ice skating in high wind on Fatties a rare epic opportunity. Good times, good FORC'rs. Till next time, with snacks AND beverages.

good times, indeed.

http://youtu.be/p1avnkPANSk
    http://youtu.be/AhOsP3KhLEw

See if this works. Kings on the CI Skinny.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I don't know that we have that many fat bikes in all of Philadelphia...
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.