Thread: Go Clipless?

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Go Clipless?

So after years of abuse for riding flats- I go clipless, and why do I DNF my 1st expert race- 200 miles on brand new mallet C's and the right comes off the spindle. At least it was still clipped into my shoe!!

Gunchies right- How ironic is it that I finally go clipless and DNF my 1st expert ride because of the clipless pedal? pretty dang ironic I'd say. SHEESH!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

that sux man but hey at least you didn't dnf your first expert race by taking a tree to the knee like i did :-(. haha i saw you walking around with that pedal on your foot though after the race and i have to say it at least cheered me up a little.

Default Platforms

I tried clipless and the BMX in me says no way... I wont give you flack for platforms cuz I am right along side ya...by the way I still have the mallet C's I bought and some size 45 SixSixOne shoes if someone needs some(my attempt to steal your thread )...I broke the STUPID power link in my chain with 1/4 lap left for a bid DNF also..I am such a dumbazz...I ALWAYS used a chain tool and press the pin back together on my BMX bikes and should have on the MTB...it is llike that now...GREAT JOB TO ALL!!!!!

Paul

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

I have it on good authority that Ray was seen with a multi-tool taking apart his pedal so he wouldn't have to ride in the mud anymore. At least that is the rumor that I am starting.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrsprt43 View Post
    I tried clipless and the BMX in me says no way...

Paul
    Actually, a lot of BMXers ARE going clipless. FYI
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

the racers maybe................
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Default Ray Ray

What do you want me to do with that nut you handed me just before the start of your race?

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

You just hang on to my nuts for awhile, ok?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I like Crupi squares :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

does anyone use flats/platforms with the rat traps anymore? I call them rat traps the may be called toe straps instead. I had a pair on an older fisher that I used to ride.