Thread: Overlook Trail Completed! Needs Tires...

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Overlook Trail Completed! Needs Tires...

Thanks to all who came out and helped build this section of trail over the past months! As the name suggests, the trail passes through the lookout area at the park and additionally will provide great views of the Mississippi River from most points along the trail (especially once the leaves drop).

It is currently in need of tires to get the trail surface firmed up and should do so quickly thanks to the recent rains. The trail is located in the North System and will be the first offshoot at the top of either climb to the top of the bluff. Until the grass is beaten down, follow the orange pin flags across the lookout clearing to be guided to the remainder of the trail.

It isn't yet possible to ride onto this trail from the creekside climb if going up the hill because the intersection requires a 180 degree turn in a very small radius. After we complete an upcoming project it should be accessible from all directions.

I have also updated the trail map to reflect the recent addition (see it here).

I have a pair of Captains that are up to the task!

Awesome, thanks for the hard work!

I rode it a few times and it was a good time. Still needs moar tires!