Thread: wtb buy entry level mountain bike for my wife

Default wtb buy entry level mountain bike for my wife

were not looking to spend too much money dont want anything to old let me know what you have and what your asking pictures would be great to thank you

Looks like I might be selling my 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 8 that I bought last July. Its a 17.5 in size. All stock execpt I upgraded the tires to knobby tubless kendas, I'll throw in the perfectly good original set as well. $1800 is what I'm asking.

sorry that is much more than we can spend thank you for the response though

Well if you don't mind something a little older I have a raleigh M800 from 1998ish that is in pretty good shape, put a new fork on it 3 years ago and converted the front to vbrakes. Its either a little bigger or more of the old stretched out riding style so it fits more like an 18.5. If she is 5'6" or taller it could work for her. I'd sell that one for $100.

2009 Gary Fisher Rig many up grades, including XTR 1x10 drive train new this spring $900.00, 2011 Salsa Ala Carte, XT 1X9 drive train, Chris King head set, Fox fork Pushed in 2011, and many other extras $1000.
    (309) 721 5219.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

2008 Giant Cypher (women's specific -- I am 5' 6") full suspension, low miles, Fox fork that has been Pushed, Hayes Stroker disk brakes. Excellent bike but just can't seem to get away from riding my hardtail. $850 firm.
    I wanna ride!

Oooh, I got an old Trek mtn bike a couple years ago from Pags to use for taking newbies out riding. It served its purpose well in being a loaner to take new people out riding. My garage is full. $150. Let me know if you want to see it. PM me.
    I wanna ride!

ok i am going to send a couple pms to bexter and speed junkie but i have to get 5 posts before it will let me 2 to go after this one

Quote Originally Posted by wisman9986 View Post
    but i have to get 5 posts before it will let me 2 to go after this one
    You should talk to the web master about that... Hey Steve, can you help a brother out?

i got it thanks though

Are any of these (under $200) bikes still available? I just want an entry-level one myself. Need some cross-training from my regular running routine!~

Yep I sill have mine taking up room in my garage. My second post diatribes it.

I have an old Trek 4300 (I think that's the #) that would fit someone around 5' 6". New seat, new stem, rim brakes. PM if you want to see it, include email and i can send you pictures.
    I wanna ride!

I've got a complete 19.5" Columbia Trailhead complete in the shed, as well as a 15" 2011 Raleigh Eva 4.0 frame in the basement. Someone can have both for $100 then piece together a small womens bike or large mens bike from the parts.