Thread: Bridge info during Fest

Default Bridge info during Fest

Things to note if you are driving in from out of town, or use the Govt bridge or I-74 moving between the Iowa and Illinois FORC trail systems or brewpubs or both! The details:
    The Arsenal/Government bridge will be completely barricaded to vehicle and pedestrian traffic to allow painting and maintenance work to be performed. Weekend Bridge Closure Schedule: * Friday, June 22, beginning at Noon thru Sunday, June 24, at Midnight.
    The I-74 Bridge will close one lane intermittently through October on any given night however it will be frequent. Lane closures start at 8:00pm and continue until 6:00am the following morning (no pedestrian traffic allowed at any time).
    This basically affects 2 of the 5 Quad City bridges. If you use the Centennial/US 67 bridge for Sylvan and I-80 bridge for Illiniwek you *should* be fine.

Sweet. So the awesome directions that I drew up and printed on my marketing piece that instruct people to cross the Arsenal bridge to get from Sunderbruch to Sylvan are now rendered pretty much useless. That's great. This information would have been useful 48 hours ago, Guldy!!

Kidding, Man. This is great info. Thanks for posting! I'll just look forward to people coming back from the Quad Festa hollering, "Who's this Damn Ryan Cannady Dude?!? He sent us on a 20 minute detour, that SOB!!!!" Then I'll point at Eric Perry and say, "That's him. That's Ryan Cannady...Get a rope!!!"
    Dirt Don't Hurt