Thread: So who's coming after the most-coveted bragging rights in all the land?!?

Default So who's coming after the most-coveted bragging rights in all the land?!?

Maybe you've heard of it...The 2012 Midwest Mountain Bike Fest Mountain Bike Dodge Ball Dodge Tyre Tournament of Champions Championship is this Saturday and a lifetime worth of bragging rights is on the line.

New rule this year (Kings & Neips): Each contestant is only allowed to be on ONE TEAM. No more hired mercenaries. So think it through and get your crew of 4 together. We are capping the tournament to 16 teams this year (the 64 we had last year was waaay too many!), so feel free to post your team, team name, and members here so you are assured of a seed.

Last year's champs - the #64 seed, Team Goodlookin' will be defending their title. Sadly, our MVP, Dru B, is being put on the Physically Unable to Play List. Our replacement is the next best-lookin' dude we could find: Mr. Paul Struck! So, it will be Dirt, I LUV Technical, Paul & Raul.

Who else is in - or are we just going to run unopposed this year? Let's be honest. SOMEONE else better win this year. With this being the last Fest in the QCA, you can bet I'll NEVER let you hear the end of it should we win back-to-back championships.

If you want to play but don't have a foursome, just post up here and we'll make sure you find a team. Don't know what the hell I'm talking about? Perfect. Just sign up and we'll show you how it works on the fly. Gametime will be sometime Saturday mid-afternoon in the Not Lame Games Arena.

To the bikes!!!!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I'm out. This event is dumb.

I'm kidding of course. This is an awesome game. Hopefully LAMBA can put an awesome team together.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    I'm kidding of course. This is an awesome game. Hopefully LAMBA can put an awesome team together.
    There are now CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS!!! These are traveling belts and the 2011 Champions will be wearing them at the park and throughout the weekend. The winners of the tournament Saturday will get to take them for the next year!!!

You want the Championship belts? The only thing standing between you and the belts is team Goodlooking and 8 tyres.

Got your team together yet?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I would consider entering a team but I need to know what type of tyres or tires we will be using. I am concerned that the weight and tread will be selected to ensure that the advantage goes to Team Good Lookin. What is being done by league officials to prevent this from happening? Will we be allowed to handle the tires prior to official play starting?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

photo (2)..JPG

Want my belt???? Come and get it, Big Boy.

...And quit whining about tires and regulations. Get real. We all use the same damn tires. I've given you this advice once; I won't do it again: The objective, EP, is to hit someone with a tire. It's not to gather as many as possible like a hobo collecting aluminum cans. Think DODGEBALL not KEEPAWAY. Good luck.
    Dirt Don't Hurt