View Poll Results: Quad Festa - Is it for you?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds Fun. Count me in!

12 92.31%
  • <Yawn> Tell me all about it when you get back.

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday June 23rd Event Just Announced...

Default Saturday June 23rd Event Just Announced...

Who's ready for the Quad Fester?!?

Want to take your Fest experience to the next level? Join myself, Paul Struck, Jake Ralfs and others as we embark on a journey that no one who completes it will ever forget: The Quad City Quad Fester. One Day. Four Parks. Over 30 miles of gorgeous single track. All will be done in time to arrive at Not Lame Games on Saturday afternoon.

Details to follow. Better get yer ridin' legs in shape! If you're interested in partaking in such an endeavor, post up here. The more interest we have in this the more extra resources we're going to put into making it...EPIC.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Me
    Me
    Me

I'm interested
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Dirt, you read Fester mind. Fester ride all 4 parks all the time but never all 4 parks in same day! Count Fester in for this one! #06222012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

Suhhhweeeet. Just talking yesterday that my fat ass needs to ride this year. Good times ahead. Rain stay away. My liver can't handle another saturday like last year. Seemed like a great idea at the time though.

That's it?!? 2 LAMBONIANS and a fictional extraterrestrial being? Hmmmm...I thought this idea would "Fester" a little better response than this. It'd be nice to take the temperature of interest in this thing, before I devote too much brain power towards lining out the logistics. Please post up - Are you stoked to put the Quad Festa feather in your cap? Do you think that it's too much intensity and might squelch your Fester spirit? No worries in any case. I'd just like to know if we're looking at a group of 5 or if we have 10 - 15 adventurous souls who - in theory - want to give this thing a whirl.

The general plan is to wake up Sat morning and ride the vast majority of SCP at 8:30, eat a quick breakfast and head to SBP with Steward Mielke. After SBP, we'll drive to Sylvan and meet Steward Russhole with anyone else who wants to join in at that time. From there, we'll eat something (like a Bent River Uncommon Stout) and meet up with Steward Hanson with a group who just want to ride Illiniwek in Hampton. Once we finish off Illiniwek, we'll head back to camp at SCP, meet up with Steward AG and those who missed the 1st leg will have 2nd chance to finish off the Quad Festa at SCP. Of course, this will all be perfectly timed and coordinated like a bank heist in Ocean's Eleven (the original, Rat Pack, one not the one with that dude who's eating every scene) and will be run as smooth as a (knock off) Swiss watch.

Perhaps a special prize will be garnered by any and all who can prove they pulled the whole thing off in a day. So..."Sound fun, count me in" or "<Yawn> Tell me all about it when you get back?"
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'm in. From time to time I have considered riding to/from all the systems while doing a lap at each, but this sounds much more enjoyable. The night ride at ScoCo is going to be killer after this.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

We've done the "quad-fecta" and it is a stone blast!! I would reccomend not starting the drinking too early except that its the fest and that wo9uld be plain silly. If I can get everything ready for the Not Lame Games I plan to roll with this!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I plan to be part of this but I may only get in a Tri-Fester! We have the MTB 101 at 9 AM on Saturday morning. Maybe I can get a women's group to do the circuit starting with SBP after the MTB 101 and we can make it the Quad with the night ride at SCP. Hmmm...
    I wanna ride!

What time is the MTB 101 over?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

I'm gonna tee this up for Dirt, but I gotta say it, if it's between more riding and the games, I'm down for some riding.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    ... if it's between more riding and the games, I'm down for some riding.
    There you have it - he's a FORCer in a LAMBA body.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    What time is the MTB 101 over?
    I hope that we will be done with that by 10 AM.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    if it's between more riding and the games, I'm down for some riding.
    The plan is to make it back in plenty of time for the games. We'll miss MTB 101, but I'm somewhat hopeful that their will be two distinctly different crowds. If you need MTB 101, you probably don't want to bite off 30+ miles of trail before 3:00. Of course, we'll need some to stay behind to help with 101 and we'll need at least a couple others to lead the way taking the late comers to away rides. No worries...This is going to go off without a hitch. [Well, that or I'm going to be a nervous wreck, pitchin' & sketchin' like my ass was on fire.]
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    I hope that we will be done with that by 10 AM.
    That would just about be perfect to leave after (if that's your desire) and meet the caravan at Sylvan. Then you'd hit Sylvan, Illiniwek, and wrap up with Scott County. Finding your way back to SBP might be a challenge, but I'll give you a flyer if you're doin' 101 and want can force yourself to hit SBP on Sunday Funday.

Don't forget the Sat night Night Ride will also count as 1 of 4. This will be quite a challenge: Some are gonna do Fri Night Ride, Quad Fecta, Sat Night Ride...Whew! Hope we find time to HFDB!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Hope we find time to HFDB!
    Not thinking that will be a problem...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I will be there for the 101- no worries on that! May hook up with the group later!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I will have my Honda CRV set up to carry two bikes on the hitch and three on the roof, it can also carry 5 people to ride said bikes.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

50/50 on this, trying to talk others into it.

I'll have room for 6 bikes, including my own, and 3 passengers. 4 if you wanna get cuddly. I won't be on the ScoCoPa ride first thing in the morning but I'll lead the caravan out to Sunderbruch when the time comes. My bus will likely go to Sylvan and Illiniwek as well.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

My plan is to help with the MTB 101 on Saturday at 9, then load up and join the Quadfester train wherever it is by that time -- hopefully Sunder. I am hoping to be able to fit in all parks within the day. My car can hold 5 bikes and 4 people...
    I wanna ride!

Okay, looks like I'm in for some if it! Wife lands at 12:48 on Saturday so wherever we are around that time is where I'll depart from. So hopefully get in three trails and depart from 'el Isle de Sylvan' to pick her up and meet everyone for the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Okay, looks like I'm in for some if it! Wife lands at 12:48 on Saturday so wherever we are around that time is where I'll depart from. So hopefully get in three trails and depart from 'el Isle de Sylvan' to pick her up and meet everyone for the games.
    I wanna ride!

After consulting with my brain trust, I feel I need to clarify a few things about this endeavor:

First and foremost, this is (by necessity) going to be a fast-paced, fairly tightly scheduled undertaking. If you are looking to take your time and feel out a park or have trouble riding relatively fast or clearing most obstacles, there will be more low-key rides scheduled around 11:00 on Saturday. If you are a fairly avid rider, can keep up with the pack (we're riding fast but not riding break-neck, race-pace speeds), and feel confident in your ability to ride close to 40 miles of singletrack in about 5 hours - including travel time - then this is for you. As someone put it, "This is not a tour. It's an accomplishment." Unfortunately, having a hard deadline to return to Sco Co Pa by 2:30 in time for the Games, we can not afford for one person to ride a park in 45 minutes then wait while someone finishes in 60 minutes.

That being said, if you know your skill level and know that you most likely can't ride everything and keep up, but are cool with maybe cutting your ride short or curtailing in some way to make sure you're back at the lot at the predetermined time, you are more than welcome to join the group. Please understand I don't desire to exclude anyone but I know that we have to keep this schedule or we risk this event taking all day long (and there's too much other cool stuff to do to risk missing). Also, the weather looks to be great Fri - Sun, so you will have a chance to get in all 4 parks pretty much any time you want.

Also, we will NOT be stopping for lunch, so you need to leave SCP fully self-sufficient with all the food and beverage you'll need to get you by. I'm not saying we won't hit a Casey's or something to grab n go, but stopping at a watering hole is just not gonna be in the cards for this one. I know it sucks, but keep in mind there will be plenty of great beer to drink and company to enjoy back at the Fest.

Finally, I'm dropping the idea of coordinating with stewards to meet up with the Quad Festa group at pre-determined times...What was I thinking? Talk about a logistical nightmare!! IF there is interest in specific away rides, surely we'll have FORCers at camp willing to take out-of-towners on a quick trip.

(OK that wasn't a real "finally") If my QF group leaves SCP at 10:00 and another group wants to take a group out at 10:30, you're more than welcome, of course...It's your Fest! Spend it how you want. I can't reiterate enough: This is how I envision doing this thing. If you have a different vision, please post up and lead another group. You won't hurt my feelings in the least. However, trying to do this and make everyone happy will only stress me out - and if you know me, you know that me extra stressed is not good for anyone involved.

We'll have a big white board at registration with a sign up for all events including the 8:30 SCP ride, The 10:00 Quad Festa, 11:00 away rides, Not Lame Games, so on and so on. Be sure to sign up for the ride/events you want to do so you don't get left behind. If you have questions about the 8:30/10:00 Quad Festa (that's 8:30 lap at ScoCoPa followed by ~ 10:00 departure for Sunderbruch), feel free to post up here, PM me or text me 563-940-9712.

Finally, we don't have time for injuries. If your crash and hurt yourself, you will be left for dead. No...don't worry: We'll leave you with a few beers, a sharp stick and a flash light, but we will leave you.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Despite the high reverence being put on the not lame games, I am one of many (I assume) who are there to ride as much as possible. Therefore, I plan to hit all the parks while not holding myself to a deadline. This does not mean I plan to ride slow...on the contrary, I plan to ride what my mood dictates, which is most often fast as I can. But this does mean that I may break off for lunch or a beer, or go back and re-ride Sunder or some other sweet peach again...at my leisure. I hate deadlines, but I always like company, so if you are like minded and don't mind being left for dead, then look me up!! I'll be the guy on the carbon santa cruz, driving a van with room for 3 more people + bikes. I'm not afraid!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    Despite the high reverence being put on the not lame games, I am one of many (I assume) who are there to ride as much as possible. Therefore, I plan to hit all the parks while not holding myself to a deadline. This does not mean I plan to ride slow...on the contrary, I plan to ride what my mood dictates, which is most often fast as I can. But this does mean that I may break off for lunch or a beer, or go back and re-ride Sunder or some other sweet peach again...at my leisure. I hate deadlines, but I always like company, so if you are like minded and don't mind being left for dead, then look me up!! I'll be the guy on the carbon santa cruz, driving a van with room for 3 more people + bikes. I'm not afraid!!
    '

That's perfect! Thanks for understanding. I don't mean to sound like I'm going to be a dictator - I won't - but I do have to be back for NLG's so I - personally - won't be able to hit a park twice or deviate greatly. I was joking about leaving people for dead. We'll be flexible on times but hope people - like mcwrath - will not be afraid to break off or deviate as they please. This is YOUR Fest. I just wanted to explain how I am going have to do the Quad Festa, so others aren't disappointed or surprised by how I roll with it when the time comes. We'll have fliers with great directions to get you from here to there and back again (thanks Bexter!). We'll get you started at 8:30 (Sco Co Pa) and 10:00ish (leaving for Sunder) and you can customize from there. Great post, mcwrath!
    Dirt Don't Hurt