Thread: Dang, gotta say goodbye to an old friend...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Dang, gotta say goodbye to an old friend...

As will one day happen to us all, the time has come for one of our own to retire and move on down the road of life...

The Short Bus, the grey Mercury Villager that has taken soo many people soo many places, will be moving into retirement, spending the rest of it's days taking my 4 grandkids to all the places they need to go.

On Sunday April 29th, 10AM to 1PM at the FORC Picnic and Swap Meet at Illiniwek Park, This ole van will be saying it's last goodbye's to the MTB community.

All who have enjoyed the fruits of it's labor are invited to stop by and sip one last brew inside just for old time sake. The van knows there are a LOT of you who have been on trips with it, and as a run down, here's just some of where the van has taken people riding MTB-

Moab, Utah- twice
    Fruita, Colorado- Twice
    Loma, Colorado- Twice
    Grand Junction, Colorado-
    Winter Park- Twice
    Keystone- twice
    Gunchies- Twice
    Rays Cleveland- Twice
    Rays Milwaukee- over 20 times
    Pisgah, Bent creek, Tsali, North Carolina- twice
    Copper Harbor, Michigan- Twice
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Landahl, Kansas City-
    Brown County, Indiana- twice
    Trail Between the lakes, Tennessee? Kentucky?
    Berryman, Missouri-
    Syllamo, Arkansas-
    Levis Trow- twice
    And Soooo many other places within a 3 hour drive it would be prohibitive to list them all here and I may have missed some. Most MTBers would be proud to have a ride resume like this van!!!

AND- how many trail days has this van worked it's tail off? Too many to count.

The Short Bus- Hopes to see you Sunday.

Its better to burn out than to fade away.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Vice President

why... does it have the cancer? gonaherbasivlades? achy knees? broken back? pissed about a new lover?

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

None of the above- its just getting old and tired. And like most of us that are old and tired, it kinda smells funny, too...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Can we bring sledge hammers and pickaxes? Lets send her out in style!

I thought someone died. that van smells like stuff... Can't wait to see the new road tripper. Maybe it will have beer holders...uh, cup holders.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.