Rockwood State Park in Morrison currently does not allow mountain biking, which is rather unfortunate given the terrain and also the fact that there are few trails up this way (we live here in Morrison). I'd love to look into getting a trail started here. I'm not afraid to make calls, write proposals, go to meetings, etc., but I really don't even know where to start. I have a few questions; maybe someone here can help.

1. Who determines whether or not mt. biking is allowed in state parks? The ranger? The conservation officer?

2. Who creates and maintains the trails in the QC area? Does FORC do all of the maintenance and trail creation, or do the parks help out?

3. Who covers expenses related to trail building--signage, building materials, etc.?

4. In parks where new trails have been created, are existing hiking and/or horse trails used, or is an entirely new trail cleared?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. I may hit a dead end with this idea, but I won't go down without a good fight. :)