Thread: Bike/Parts Swap Meet 2012

Default Bike/Parts Swap Meet 2012

I would like to somehow put on a Bike Swap Meet... I know we all got extra parts that need a new home.... Would like some ideas so we can put one together.....

Paul

Board Position
    Vice President

yea i think that would be cool i have a bunch of stuff id like to sell/trade!

We used to do this as part of the (now defunct) spring picnic with QCBC, typically held in late April. Might be worth reviving that, was a nice connection with a club who has always provided good support to FORC.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    We used to do this as part of the (now defunct) spring picnic with QCBC, typically held in late April. Might be worth reviving that, was a nice connection with a club who has always provided good support to FORC.

Rg.
    I agree, they have done a lot for us with donations for races and things like that. It's about time we went back to doing something for them!

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

So...should FORC plan a Spring Picnic? Reserve the pavillion at Illiniwek and buy some big sub sandwiches, and non-alcoholic beverages. Invite QCBC and everyone else to ride, eat, and swap parts?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    So...should FORC plan a Spring Picnic? Reserve the pavillion at Illiniwek and buy some big sub sandwiches, and non-alcoholic beverages. Invite QCBC and everyone else to ride, eat, and swap parts?
    I like this...
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

+1

Let's do it.

Likey!
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

Quote Originally Posted by mtrsprt43 View Post
    I would like to somehow put on a Bike Swap Meet... I know we all got extra parts that need a new home.... Would like some ideas so we can put one together.....

Paul
    Hey Paul,
    Its Augie. I attempted to keep up with you guys at Slough yesterday with no luck. You mentioned that you might be getting rid of front fork. What would you be asking for it? Cant remember if it was 80 or 100 mm travel? Looking for 100.