Thread: Sweet riding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sweet riding

I road Illinewek yesterday for the first time this year. I was reluctant to go, but didn't have enough time to go anywhere else. I'll never be reluctant to ride there again. Illinewek has the best downhill runs in the QCA. It offers great cornering practice with it's off camber turns, sweet burms, and of course it's a great workout. best of all, for me, it's only 6 min. away.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    I road Illinewek yesterday for the first time this year. I was reluctant to go, but didn't have enough time to go anywhere else. I'll never be reluctant to ride there again. Illinewek has the best downhill runs in the QCA. It offers great cornering practice with it's off camber turns, sweet burms, and of course it's a great workout. best of all, for me, it's only 6 min. away.

Is there an early season lift pass I can purchase to get to the top to experience those awesome downhills?

Quote Originally Posted by acw4red View Post
    Is there an early season lift pass I can purchase to get to the top to experience those awesome downhills?
    Real mountain bikers like to ride up hill!

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
    Real mountain bikers like to ride up hill!

JB
    That's BS! Real mountain bikers are sometimes pretty good at riding up hill, but they NEVER "like" to ride up hill. Only roadies "like" riding up hill! Getting to the top of a hill for a mountain biker is just a necessary evil that accompanies the reward of going DOWN!
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Well we all know now that Chris is not a real mountain biker!

JB

QUOTE=iLuvTechnical;14148]That's BS! Real mountain bikers are sometimes pretty good at riding up hill, but they NEVER "like" to ride up hill. Only roadies "like" riding up hill! Getting to the top of a hill for a mountain biker is just a necessary evil that accompanies the reward of going DOWN![/QUOTE]
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    That's BS! Real mountain bikers are sometimes pretty good at riding up hill, but they NEVER "like" to ride up hill. Only roadies "like" riding up hill! Getting to the top of a hill for a mountain biker is just a necessary evil that accompanies the reward of going DOWN!
    Meow,meow, meow. Is all I heard.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    President

True dat!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

When was the last time you shuttled to the bottom of the hill?

Checkmate.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    When was the last time you shuttled to the bottom of the hill?
    I don't know, but I never shuttle up to the top of the hill unless I have out of shape Midwesterns with me! Why!? Because I love the uphill!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position
    President

I've never got to be a better mountain biker in the back of a shuttle.