Thread: Ray's (Milwaukee) Women's Skills Clinic - March 9, 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ray's (Milwaukee) Women's Skills Clinic - March 9, 2012

By now, I imagine most everyone has heard of Ray's Indoor Mtn Bike Park. What you may not know is that every year, Ray's teams up with Dirt Rag to host a women's skills clinic taught by professional women riders (http://www.raysmtb.com/mke/index.php...d=56&Itemid=89). Not only is this a very fun experience, it is significantly helpful in honing your biking skills. Wanna be a better mtn biker? Go to Rays! All skill levels welcome and encouraged. Elbow pads also encouraged (Ray's rents knee pads/shin guards). Helmets required!

Women ride free the day of the event, Friday, March 9, 2012 (9 AM - 4 PM). Bring ID -- you have a waiver to sign and need to vouch for your identity. Guys not permitted to join in on the fun until after 3 PM on Friday. We have a considerable group of ladies (17 at last count between Cedar Rapids, QCA, Peoria and Bloomington) heading up to Ray's for this event. And, to make things even more fun, I am working on having shirts made so we can "represent." I will post the design and pricing later this week. You will want to buy a shirt, that's all I'm sayin'.

More details:
    The clinic starts at 9 AM on Friday (March 9, 2012), so most of us are heading up Thursday night after work. Need to catch a ride? Post up here and let's see if we can get everyone included. Heck, I'm not entirely sure what my travel plans are yet.

Ray's has a special deal with two hotels in Milwaukee. Sounds like most of us are staying at the Sheraton Four Points ($75 a night witht he Ray's deal -- make sure you ask for it otherwise you'll be parting with a whole heck of a lot more hard green than is necessary):
    http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...propertyID=949 Also post up here if you are looking to split your lodging costs by sharing a room. Many people do that. $75 split 4 ways is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! Bring a bathing suit. The hottub after riding all day is glorious!

Some people are heading back home right after class on Friday, however most are planning to attend the social mixer that Ray's is putting together for Friday night and later some fun on the town in Milwaukee. I also plan to ride Saturday til about 4 PM and then hit the road back home.

So, who is in????
    I wanna ride!

Exclamation Midwest Dirt Divas shirts being ordered Tuesday, Feb. 28th -- don't miss out!

Ladies (and anyone else that you know who may be interested), Mrs. Barker and I thought it would be cool to have a shirt made up for us to wear when we take Ray's by storm in March since so many of us are attending the women's skills clinic. The shirt will be a Brooks brand, women's cut, short-sleeved bright pink t-shirt made out of breathable tech fabric with an abstract image of a chick mtn biking and the words: "Life is an adventure... Ride Like A Girl!" on the front and "Midwest Dirt Divas" on the back along with the club logos from the clubs represented in our "area:"

LAMBA
    ICORR
    FORC
    PAMBA
    CORBA
    QCWOC

A few guys have also asked for a shirt, too. Yup, in hot pink! I have already been informed by one person that the word "like" will be x'ed out on his shirt. Good grief! But, funny!

Here's the kicker. We are on a TIGHT deadline in order to get the shirts ordered, printed and to me by next Thursday - March 8th. I need to order the shirts TOMORROW. I am not ordering extras as I am fronting the cash for the project.

So, order now if you want one. Running Wild told me that this brand runs true to size.

The price will be $21 (small quantity, so kinda pricy).

If you want a shirt, please post here and include your size. I will collect your money at Ray's. If you're not going to Ray's, PM me for my address and mail me a check.

Please draw this to the attention of anyone you think might want to buy a shirt. I need orders by 3 PM TOMORROW (Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012).
    I wanna ride!

Bumping the Ray's weekend to the top... Ladies, if you're on the fence and can't decide whether to attend the women's skills weekend this coming weekend at Ray's, stop pondering and just do it!! There are a variety of obstacles to meet most riding skills ranging from beginner to advanced, and what better time to go than when professional ladies will be there to coach you?
    I wanna ride!

4. Default

awwwww amazing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.