Thread: Need Rear Shock 6.5" by 1.5"

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Need Rear Shock 6.5" by 1.5"

I need to replace what I have because there is a gouge in it. It had been losing air in the lower chamber and that all makes sense now!

My current one is a 2002 or so Rock Shox SID XC so something comparable to that would be great.

If any one has a used one in good working shape let me know about it and what it might be worth.

Thanks,
    Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

MANITOU 3 WAY AIR/ 6.5 X 1.5--$80

Manitou Swinger 3-way air SPV rear shock, 6.5x1.5", $60

I could be bribed into grabbing one of these shocks from the Denver area craigslist and shipping to you (or bringing the next time I'm in town).
    Last edited by Gunchie; 03-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Those are prices I am willing to pay even with some shipping and handling costs. I know the length and stroke are compatible. Is it standard spacing side to side to attach it the bike?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Those are prices I am willing to pay even with some shipping and handling costs. I know the length and stroke are compatible. Is it standard spacing side to side to attach it the bike?
    I believe you can use your old bushings which can be taken out and installed with a vise and a socket to push bushings in and out. May be a good time to replace the bushings anyhow to reduce any play and increase the overall efficiency. Check with your local Giant (I'm guessing it's for your Giant) retailer for the right ones. Haven't done any research on replacing a shock, but I would image that's all you'll need to do.
    Last edited by Gunchie; 03-08-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

No else has something they need to sell? I am about to buy new $150-$180 range. My dreams of something under a $100 are slipping away. :(
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

sorry man...no rear shocks laying around in my garage.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    No else has something they need to sell? I am about to buy new $150-$180 range. My dreams of something under a $100 are slipping away. :(
    Imma lookin'! Just emailed a guy on craigslist today. We'll find ya something! Just J.B. Weld the old one in the meantime! (Disclaimer: have no idea if J.B. Weld would work and just may turn into disaster)

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

OK no new parts. I am over that. Must have been something I ate.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist