Thread: Wanted 25.4 Clamp Handelbars

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Wanted 25.4 Clamp Handelbars

My current bars are only 585cm. I am not wanting to go a lot bigger. Maybe another 30mm? Looking for used but high quality. Open to ideas and suggestions.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    My current bars are only 585cm. I am not wanting to go a lot bigger. Maybe another 30mm? Looking for used but high quality. Open to ideas and suggestions.
    What are you using now? Flat or riser? Sweep or no sweep? What is it about your current setup that you don't like that's got you looking for something else?

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I have to have a reason to what something new?

I am replacing my cables and hoses so had it apart was the main thing.

Anyhow they are very narrow as it is considered a race bike lately I have ridden some bikes with wider bars and they do feel nice. They are flat bars with no sweep or very minimal. I barely have room for my computer or remote lock out on them.

So the change is basically because I can however being a little more comfortable would be nice.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

The narrowest bar I have used was 620mm. It was way too narrow for me. I went to a 685mm bar with a slight rise and very little sweep and it made a huge difference, especially since I was riding single speed at the time. I just had to be a little more aware when navigating through bar catchers, and after awhile that becomes second nature. CSP has that bar now and I guess he likes it.

Now I use a 640mm steel bar with a lot of sweep, 40 degrees I believe. It took all of about 15 minutes to get used to it. More steering from the hips it seems like. Kyla uses the same bar but in aluminum 31.8 clamp.

At the very least, I would say try a wider bar. I got the 685mm bar for 30 bucks so it's not a huge loss if you don't like it. If you're used to such a narrow bar perhaps try something in the 640-660 range. I have a few spare bars of varying sweeps and rises that you can try out. They are all somewhat wide but they can be cut. Also, they are 31.8 clamp but I have a couple spare stems you could use as well.

Found 2 25.4 bars in the garage earlier. One is 620mm and the other 610mm but its got a lill bit of rise and sweep to it. You can try those out as well if you want.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

OK something along these lines is what I want

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/230...p=195%20SETVH1

Little narrower would be OK. But this price range $25-$35. This weight range, this rise.

Thanks

Don do you still have the bars mentioned in the last post?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Yes I do

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Cool, can you put those in your car so I can take a look at them sometime? I am sure our paths will cross on Saturday or Sunday.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Sure no problem

I have a never riden Salsa ProMoto bar I think 630's. Black. 20 bucks. Call Ross 309.269.6037