Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moab Baby

Cue Ray's video

Just bought a dropper seatpost, the Crank Brothers Joplin 4, for $145 on JensonUSA.com... yep, officially getting overly stoked and making buying decisions without thinking. Not a bad price though since msrp is $250. Disclaimer: support your LBS!... and don't tell my LBS since I'm on their race team ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Gunch...caught that vid a few months back, thanks for posting it here.

AWESOME
    I remember seeing it before. Good enough to post twice though!

Who's going that would ride with me at my pace? (I'm hoping this post might encourage someone more my speed to go so I can go!)

Quote Originally Posted by life is vondaba View Post
    Who's going that would ride with me at my pace? (I'm hoping this post might encourage someone more my speed to go so I can go!)
    well, with a new bike you're gonna be riding much faster!

I'll ride with you, and I'm sure many of the others would too!
    Last edited by jimithng23; 02-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by life is vondaba View Post
    I'm hoping I can get my wife closer to your pace by then! If so, I'll be going at your pace as well.

Its not about how fast you go, its about how much scenery you can take in during the short time there.

(However this does not apply to Kessle run in Fruita!)

Count me in.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Two things-

1. I ride flats w vans shoes- and you doods always freak me out walking around on rocks with the clipless shoes 12 inches from a "penalty for failure is death" drop off- Save an old man a heart attack- be careful.

2. The doods taking pictures and shooting videos are a complete pain in the butt- SO ANNOYING! And worth every second. If you want to be able to see yourself in the pics and videos in the future you might think about bein around when they're shooting stuff.

Chilax doods- those trails ain't goin anywhere... and we're gonna get to them all.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Just bought a dropper seatpost,
    Awesome! my bike came with one and I use it a lot. I didn't think I would at first, but even on Blue at Sunder it turns the bike into a dirt jumper almost and makes the trail way more fun. I never thought I'd buy one but now I wouldn't want to be without.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    Awesome! my bike came with one and I use it a lot. I didn't think I would at first, but even on Blue at Sunder it turns the bike into a dirt jumper almost and makes the trail way more fun. I never thought I'd buy one but now I wouldn't want to be without.
    Good to hear! Yeah, it's been way overdue to buy one since it's ideal for the trails around here. I usually don't get overly excited by bike parts anymore, but this one is making me gitty as a school girl waiting for it.

So.....this hypothetical trip, is there hypothetically still room for another? I'm new, but I am ambitious.

S'pect so.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Like the challenge of climbing out of LT or Cannon's Loop? Looking for more of a "challenge?"

Well, throw in about another 900' vertical feet, endless ledges and rocky up's, and you've got the first climb on the first day of Moab (music in this video is kinda ...meh...):

Like the challenge of climbing out of LT or Cannon's Loop? Looking for more of a "challenge?"

Well, throw in about another 900' vertical feet, endless ledges and rocky up's, and you've got the first climb on the first day of Moab (music in this video is kinda ...meh...):
    Mountain biking needs moar metal

Phoenix,AZ , Sedona,AZ , Boulder City,NV , and of course MOAB!

Soooo.... where are we at on this trip? Are reservations made? What days and where? My agenda is to drive into Moab on Friday September 28th with the Wife and do all the non-bike things Saturday & Sunday morning. I assume everyone will show up Sunday afternoon and ride something short (may join depending how short and if the Wife let's me... may be dropping her off at airport). Monday I fully intend to do the Whole Enchilada so hopefully that's the day everyone is planning on doing it too. Tuesday I'm not sure about. May head home, may ride with everyone and spend the night in Fruita if everyone is headed that way (I know of a great dive bar in Fruita FYI... after the Hot Tomato of course). Definitely have to be home by Wednesday though.

patience, young grasshopper......

patience, young grasshopper......
    You're talking to the guy who has his spring/summer schedule planned in January... patience is not a virtue I have.