Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moab Baby

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Moab Baby

September 29 to October 7 would be an ideal time to hit Moab, Fruita, and Grand Junction. If someone were to hypothetically set a western bound Road Trip, how many would be in? Some hypothetical someone would likely find this info useful for planning said hypothetical trip.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

My bag is packed.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Yup
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Duh

Lets just say, hypothetically, some wayward dude from Peoria was passing through, and met up with a few dudes who were hypothetically talking about a road trip to somewhere out west to say, the Moab area...hypothetically this dude could indeed be persuaded to join them on such an adventure. It could happen.

It's on my calendar...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh, and I'll also throw out the idea of staying at my place after the first round of driving and on the way back if you like as well. Makes things even cheaper since you won't have to pay for hotel that night and I'll even fire up the grill so you'll save money there too. Not to mention I'll pick up some delicious CO beer to sweeten the deal.

I just got home from picking up my freshly painted bike, and I'm pretty sure it wants to go.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

You had me at "M".

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

New guy here from Iowa City...I think I met some of you guys up at Ray's weekend before last. I'm definitely in if welcome. Heard DL1030 talking about this too I know he wants to go.

Phoenix,AZ , Sedona,AZ , Boulder City,NV , and of course MOAB!

Default Map

As long as I can do the Whole Enchilada I'm good. Megan wants to go too so she might fly in a couple days later when everybody is moving a little slower from being sore.

Thumbs up

Anybody ballsy enough to try this?

http://www.enchiladaenduro.com/

Ray??

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    Anybody ballsy enough to try this?

http://www.enchiladaenduro.com/

Ray??
    Interestingly, the race deletes the Porcupine Singletrack - this is the last leg of TWE, moving from jeep trail to actual singletrack. I think it's about 5 or 6 miles, and spits you out into the culvert below the highway.

It says locals are claiming an hour and 30 minutes to complete the route! That's friggin nuts!!

Oh, and a $125 entry fee!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Oh, and a $125 entry fee!
    Ballsy enough, yes. Stupid enough to pay $125 for a hour and half to two hours of riding, nope! I pay $95 for races 50+ miles that last 4+ hours and I think I'm insane for paying even that! Anyway, I prefer enjoying all the views of the Whole Enchilada with a large group of new and old friends.

Race the whole enchilada? Hell yeah, but not without body armour and a full face helmet. Hell no for $125.

So how does this work? Is there a bus or everybody hopping in a few vehicles?

details, details, here's how it works, we go to MOAB!!! ride like hell for a week, or until you break something, and come home the happiest dude in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    details, details, here's how it works, we go to MOAB!!! ride like hell for a week, or until you break something, and come home the happiest dude in the world.
    Russ, you crack me up brotha!

Remember the dude that was all wrapped up in the details last time??

Amazing how the experience of the trip changes your outlook in the planning of the next trip, huh?

I can't friggin wait!!!

I've got a week of vacation blocked out for this one.

A little Moab stoke:

Last edited by Gunchie; 02-29-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Only 213 days - hypothetically
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Remember the dude that was all wrapped up in the details last time??

Amazing how the experience of the trip changes your outlook in the planning of the next trip, huh?
    I learn fast...sometimes