Thread: "Sunderbruch Equestrian Riders" Ride, Saturday October 15th @ 1:30pm

Default "Sunderbruch Equestrian Riders" Ride, Saturday October 15th @ 1:30pm

Title says it all.

If you're out at Sunderbruch on this day and time, be aware of the equestrians that will be riding the trails.

If you encounter an equestrian on a "hike/bike" trail, stop and get off your bike and let them know they are on a trail that was not designed for their type of riding. That's pretty much all you can do.

Let me know, via PM, if anything like this happens so I can forward on to the City.

Be safe.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I would suggest a cell phone camera picture of the situation. Not only does it document the episode but informs all parties involved that the episode has been documented. If a picture of you, me or anyone else shows us doing wrong we may be less likely to do it again. Respect all user groups and please don't disrespect the MTB user group by breaking the rules. Lead by example. There was one more thing...Oh yeah...To the Bikes!
    db

Great point on the picture.

I snapped a shot of my daughter standing next to the pile of dung during the Giant demo and forwarded it on to the City.

Long story short, it garnered a much more favorable response then just by "telling on" them

Good stuff, Dave.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    I would suggest a cell phone camera picture of the situation. Not only does it document the episode but informs all parties involved that the episode has been documented. If a picture of you, me or anyone else shows us doing wrong we may be less likely to do it again. Respect all user groups and please don't disrespect the MTB user group by breaking the rules. Lead by example. There was one more thing...Oh yeah...To the Bikes!
    db

Great idea! I'd turn off the flash before you do so though so you don't spook the horse. Could result in a kick to the face or the horse bucking the rider who could land on you... and since they enjoy their outdoors by letting a horse do all the work rather then being active themselves there's a good chance that person is heavier than you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.