Thread: Trail clean up day - Friday 9/16/11 after work

Default Trail clean up day - Friday 9/16/11 after work

In preparation for the Taming of the Slough, we are going to have a clean-up day on Friday night after work. The course has been marked, and we are going to just focus on making sure the course is clear -- removal of face-slappers, weed-wacked edges, etc. The official workday time is 4:30 PM, but if you can make it to the island earlier, great. If you can't arrive until later, that's fine, too. A couple hours is all that we'll need to shape up the race course. MAKE SURE TO WEAR LONG SLEEVES, LONG PANTS, GLOVES, GLASSES if you will be weed wacking. The poison ivy is fierce!

Tools to bring:
    Chain saw
    Rakes
    Garbage bags (several)
    Loppers
    I wanna ride!

I'll bring the chain saw and the big leaf blower to clean sweep the trail. Will also have tape as we are planning on doing as much of the tapping as possible Friday night and finish up Saturday morning. We could also use a wheel barrow and a shovel or two to fill in a hole down by the railroad bridge. Also looking for the club radios.

Thanks
    JB

MP & I will be there about 5:30, or whenever we can get across the bridge. The radios may be in the club shed. They are in a tupperware box to keep them fresh.
    db

I have a wheel barrow that I can bring if it will fit in the back of my car.
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I'll swing over to meilke's and get one. see you at 4:30. Bring beer.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

The race course is in pretty good shape already. I think about five people with loppers, one chain saw, two people on the wheelbarrow and shovels could bang this out in about an hour.

The chain saw work is on the NE corner. It looks like one branch coming down at an angle needs to come out. This will leave a couple others overhanging but they should be up plenty high. The others look like a lot of work and don't need to come out. The other spot for the chain saw is by the one big dirt jump on the SE side. I would just take out the branches that affect the landing side. The rest is a huge mess and it only covers a small piece of trail that hardly gets used.

I'll be there ASAP after work to start setting up the course with JB. John I have four cans of paint left.

Bexter shoot me a text if I need to bring a wheel barrow.

Thanks in advance.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.