Thread: Campin'

Default Campin'

Soooo I'm thinkin' of campin' at SCP for the MMBF weekend. Anyone else local doing this?

-Gringo

Board Position
    President

I thing every one is camping this weekend.....
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Haha cool. Sorry been out of the loop.

I know I plan on camping from Thursday to Sunday.

All the cool kids are!

While I'm not one of the cool kids, I plan to camp Thursday through Sunday. Hoping the cool kids will welcome me anyway. ;)
    I wanna ride!

yep...campin' all weekend fo SHO!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Cool. I want to but I'll likely be by myself so I was hoping to camp near some friendlies.

I plan on camping thursday through sunday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    Cool. I want to but I'll likely be by myself so I was hoping to camp near some friendlies.
    Hopefully all goes well, and there will be hundreds of friendlies... w/bikes!!

-HW

Hello, I am looking to drive in from Michigan and have never been to this event it sounds like a great time. I am looking for some ideas on where to stay and am not scared of staying in a tent...have a glow in the dark nightlight...ha ha all info would be great.
    Is this a big event?
    Thank you....

Since you're not scared of a tent, I suggest camping with the cool kids at ScoCopa! The Fest website will be updated soon with more details on how the camping will be setup, and other places to stay for those not wanting to camp.

do you have to pre-register for camping, or is pay when you get there?

Pay after you set up your tent.
    I wanna ride!

Sure, I will be a-camping, in one-a-them fancy metal boxes with wheels that you tote behind ya, so I gots me a query or two.

I concede the appropriate mode for proper trail-loving gnome-style campin is a hodgepodge of tents, yurts and mud huts; however I will be traveling with women-folk and young-uns.

I further understand the heretofore mentioned gnomes can be found holed up in a reserved enclave of tent villiages. My query is: which campin' ground would said conglomeration be? And a would any proximity to said arrangement be prudent for the childrens and folk of a more delicate nature?

My kin ain't particularly dithery but I've known certain bands of gnomes to fray the rope of decency. They can't be blamed, theys gnomes.

Any words o' wisdom you can proffer would be 'preciated.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Living units of all types are welcomed in the tent village(Sac-Fox). However it is just open grassy expanses. Along with a shower building! So no level pad, electricity, water or sewer. As you say can never tell about the condition of the gnomes. So that being said if looking for more I suggest two places.

Wilderness Campground-very wooded with water, electricity and pads. However no sewer. This would be situated between festival grounds and the tent city. When I camp I like this spot, even for tents because of the woods.

The other is Bald Eagle Campground. This is at the front of the park near the festival grounds but far from the tent city. This is where the "big rigs" go! Concrete pads and sewer hook ups are the norm here. Oh yeah and I even think Wi-Fi!! It is a new campground and does not have much shade or character yet.

http://www.scottcountyiowa.com/conservation/scottco.php

Can't wait to meet you and the kin!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Cykotherapy,
    Also, I think the swimming pool/water park will be open for the kin folk to partake in some watery fun!

If anyone else can either confirm or has info to the contrary, please let us know.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Watery Fun will be available as the pool/water park is open. And it looks like Mother Nature will let us have some dry fun on the trails.