Thread: New South Loop Trail Opened!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default New South Loop Trail Opened!

Last evening we opened the new south loop trail we have been working on for the last few months. There are a few minor projects in the works for this trail, but it is ridable and it desperately needs tires.

Thanks to everyone who was there to help. We could not have gotten this trail ready in time for the fest if it wasn't for your individual contributions.

One of the highlights of the trail:

An 8.5' bridge with beams cut from a fallen oak branch and planks hand cut by chainsaw from another fallen oak.

Big, huge, major, ridiculous, kudos to whoever is in charge of trail building at Illiniwek! I'm pretty sure it's Drew. I rode the new loop today and have to say that I can't remember having that much fun on my bike anywhere in the Midwest. I have truly been inspired to get out and help as much as I can, whenever I can, with trail maintenance. It's a great time to be a mountain biker in the Quad Cities! I feel like I owe someone money.

Thanks,
    Subway Brian

Still riding Illiniwek on an almost daily basis with a few days of Sunder and Scott mixed in. The trails keep getting better and better. If your not riding here, your missing out.