Thread: TRAIL DAY! Friday June 3rd, 2011 @ 5:30PM

Thumbs up TRAIL DAY! Friday June 3rd, 2011 @ 5:30PM

Alright everybody, the Sunderbruch Trail Care Crew needs your help!

Bill at Sign Innovations will have our signs done today so we're gonna need help tacking them up to the posts. Also, there's a few posts that still need to be installed and there are a few that will need to be moved.

We also need to knock the weeds down.

These 2 things go hand-n-hand: tack up a sign, whack the weeds while moving to the next post. Drink a cold beer, tack the next sign, whack weeds to the next post.

I'm thinking if we can get ~10 peeps to show up with 4-6 weed whackers running (the club has 2 we can use) we should be able to knock both of these projects out in a few hours.

Anything we don't get knocked out Friday night, we can hit on Sunday. Of course, if anyone wants to lend a hand whacking weeds any other time you are welcome to do so.

I plan on bringing my grill so we can grub when we're done. Bring whatever you feel like chowing on, as well as your favorite beverage and let's get Sunderbruch ready for the 'Fest!

PM, text, email, or call me with any questions!

See you there!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Just saw this. Just posted something about trail day. I'll be there. Perhaps we can coordinate with JB and get his weed eaters for Friday night to give us a total of 5 to run. I'll see you knobbies on Friday night!!
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Dang weather! Too many projects and not enough weekends!! We're gonna try to have the places where new posts go Marked, both on the trail and on a map, if you wanna plant posts, we should be ready.!!

Also- All 50+ signs are individually designed, unfortunately, I didn't think about that when I asked for help planting the posts, consequently a few of the previously planted posts will need to be moved or the signs won't be right- totally my fault- but still needs to be done. If you have a post puller (hollywood?!) we'd love to have you come on over OR let us borrow it.

We hope to have the re-routes at the the top of the hill between Blue Mound and Kickapoo up and down completed so the signs make sense, too!!

Very exciting stuff!!, Hope to see you all there!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

mp & I will be there. Give a war whoop once in a while so we can find you.
    db

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that came out to help bring Sunderbruch up to snuff for the 'Fest!

I logged everyones hours in the Sunderbruch Maintenance Log...if you were there and I missed you, post your hours up in the Log.

We got a TON of stuff accomplished yesterday; it was truly a testament to this club and all of it's members - FORC'ers have a way of making things happen, even when we're crunched with time.

The next time you're out at Sunder for a ride, you're gonna notice a few slight changes in the trails:
    1. At the top of Kickapoo Up the 3-way Blue/Green intersection is gone. Kickapoo up now goes nearly all the way to the blacktop, T'ing off of the Green Comlara Loop.
    Important Note: Kickapoo Up is a ONE-WAY Bike trail (UP) & TWO-WAY Hike trail (UP & DOWN). This was done because of the potential speed of MTB's when traveling down (towards the parking lot) the trail, creating a dangerous situation between other riders and hikers. The signage at the top of the trail states this in clear terms.

2. The exit of Blue Mound has been extended to meet the Green Comlara Loop.

3. Kickapoo Down now has a true "entrance" off of the Green Comlara Loop.
    Important Note: Kickapoo Down is a ONE-WAY Bike ONLY trail because of potential speeds of MTB's. We don't want to be blazing around a corner at Mach-3 and run into a hiker so for us MTB'ers, this is a huge benefit. ;-) The signage at the entrance and exit of KD states this in clear terms.

These changes were made to complete a full Green Loop while allowing the Blue-rated Kickapoo's to become a true "loop" and the Black-rated Blue Mound to become a true loop off of a Green trail, staying consistent with the rest of the system. Also, all of these changes are clearly marked with the brand-new shiny signs!

Once again, thanks everyone for helping out in the wretched heat yesterday...have a fantastic weeked!

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Important Note: Kickapoo Up is a ONE-WAY Bike trail (UP) & TWO-WAY Hike trail (UP & DOWN). This was done because of the potential speed of MTB's when traveling down (towards the parking lot) the trail, creating a dangerous situation between other riders and hikers. The signage at the top of the trail states this in clear terms.
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 06-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.