Thread: Sneak Peak: New South Loop Extension Photos

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Sneak Peak: New South Loop Extension Photos

Here are some photos I have taken over the course of construction of the new south loop trail. We have been building since early April and will have it open it before the festival in late June. The trail will be fast, flowy, have spectacular views of a largely unseen part of the park, and minimal climbing.

I estimate we have around 40 man hours left until completion. It could take eight more trail days to reach that number or it could take two. Its all up to how many people come out to help as trails don't build themselves. Many thanks to everyone who has volunteered their time thus far and to those who haven't we could definitely use the help.

Click for bigger versions.

minimal climbing at Illinewek...

I'll be able to start helping out weekly starting this week. I finally got my house finished and just in time too. I got an offer Sunday night. we are making an offer on a house tonight that is 5 to 10 min from Illinewek in Rapid City. I hope we get it.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Hey Russ your not scared of a little climbing are you?
    JB
    Quote Originally Posted by Russhole'72 View Post
    minimal climbing at Illinewek...

I'll be able to start helping out weekly starting this week. I finally got my house finished and just in time too. I got an offer Sunday night. we are making an offer on a house tonight that is 5 to 10 min from Illinewek in Rapid City. I hope we get it.