Thread: Spring Weed Patrol

Default Spring Weed Patrol

The past rains have been terrific... for weeds and grasses at SBP. With the upcoming Park Dept event Friday and our June meeting Monday, we need to get a jump on the trimming this week. I plan to be out there tomorrow, but the forecast rain could spoil that.

If anyone can start the process tonight, please go ahead. We should hit the Green loop first as it will likely see the most activity on Friday, then move to the Blues. This Friday will be the most visible demonstration of our stewardship at SBP, so we really need to hit it hard this week.

Who can help out? Give a holla! Post up so others can get hooked up with you. We've shown before that a good evening or two can knock out the majority of the trails.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I will be there today around 4:30 to help clear trails. I don't have my chainsaw at home, but there is a couple spots that need one.

Hopefully we can get a ride in after.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Sweet! I'll bring my chainsaw tomorrow, thanks for the heads-up.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

What time tomorrow.

JB

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I can only do thursday afternoon, but I'll get some time in before the land manager takes his tour!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    President

Brad and will be there Wed and Thurs afternoon with club weed eating equipment. Going to try to get there around 3.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ELSANTO! View Post
    What time tomorrow.

JB
    I'll be there around 4:30p.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I'll be there
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    I'll be there
    Dude!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Dude!

Rg.
    what else am I gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    I will be there today around 4:30 to help clear trails. I don't have my chainsaw at home, but there is a couple spots that need one.

Hopefully we can get a ride in after.
    How did it go last night? Hopefully the rain holds off this evening. Where are the spots that need the saw??

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

After reading everyone's replies, I figured I would wait for today. I'm pretty sure the two trees that need a saw are up on one of the blue trails. I'll be down around 4:30 ready to eat weeds.

my house sold so I have been rather busy. Tomorrow I am putting an offer on a house after work. If I get out quick enough (these things are never quick), I will head to Sunder...
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Big Thanks to AG, Brad, Jake, and Kings for coming out to help with the trails. SBP has quickly become pretty overgrown... we had five trees down and shoulder-high weeds to deal with. Still have one tree to deal with, and probably 40% of the trail to go.

Plan to hit it again Thursday ~4:40pm, please come out and help. Our stewardship of these trails is on display Friday, a good way to continue our ability to gain access for more trails.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Would love to, but working to get 5 acres of grass cut and looking good for another house showing on Saturday.... and it's supposed to rain Friday, so last night and tonight are the nights that I bond with my yard. Bleh!
    I wanna ride!

mp & I can be there tonight. Are the walk behind wackers available? If so where? If they are in the shed I can get them. The job will go much faster with them. Also, what needs to be wacked, since everyone may be in the woods when we get there, please post up where we should wack. We can be there about 5:30. Thanks Rage for spear heading this, it will keep the club in the city's good graces. Now where did I put that Calamine lotion?
    peace
    db

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    Are the walk behind wackers available? If so where? If they are in the shed I can get them. The job will go much faster with them. Also, what needs to be wacked, since everyone may be in the woods when we get there, please post up where we should wack.
    Brad has one of the walk-behinds, not sure about the others. Give him a shout. We're done with trails the DR can be used on, will be hand-helds and walk-behinds now.

Remaining trails are Palos to Sugarbottom (included Palos, Rock Cut, Watermelon) and Blue Mound. Brad was thinking of heading out earlier today and working from Sugar towards Palos, not sure of that's a go or not. The down tree is on Farmdale between Palos and Kettle.

Thanks!
    Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Thanks Rage, I will get a hold of Brad. Let's get green!
    peace
    db

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Remaining trails are Palos to Sugarbottom (included Palos, Rock Cut, Watermelon) and Blue Mound. Brad was thinking of heading out earlier today and working from Sugar towards Palos, not sure of that's a go or not. The down tree is on Farmdale between Palos and Kettle.
    I missed LT, it needs mowed as well; it's usually not too bad except for the top formerly green section. Let's go ahead and skip Blue Mound (or at least do it last) since it's in need of quite a bit of work.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Sunderbruch is Clean! Many thanks to AG, Brad, Jake, Kings, Dave and Carol B, and Neips for finishing the job yesterday. No chance of enjoying the fruits of their labor on a bike today, but the trails will be sweet by the time they dry.

Very much appreciate your help, thank you!
    Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Rage do you know if todays activites are still a go, not riding but everything else?

JB

I'd like to thank everybody who helped get SBP cleaned up. Doc has me on lockdown until at least Monday...

thanks again, mucho appreciated!

Board Position
    President

WEATHER UPDATE: The ribbon cutting at Sunderbruch Park will still take place today at 1:00pm, but some activities may be modified due to the weather. Cinema in the Park is being moved indoors to Red Hawk Golf Course clubhouse tonight due to rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELSANTO! View Post
    Rage do you know if todays activites are still a go, not riding but everything else?

JB
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.