Thread: Wanted to buy: Used road/commuter/cross bike for someone 6' 1"

Default Wanted to buy: Used road/commuter/cross bike for someone 6' 1"

My friend's son is looking to buy a user road/commuter/cross bike. He would prefer a Trek or Gary Fisher, and spending limit is $600/700. He is 6' 1". Anyone got a used bike you want to sell that will work for him?
    I wanna ride!

The bike I'm selling is a little small and a little more than what is wanted to spend, but just letting you know, we have a road bike at the Trek Store that we are selling for 599 new now. So maybe it wouldn't be to bad to even go new

Nothin like a new bike

Manny, thanks for saying something! I did tell him that he should check out our LBS's because. He's up in Chicago now, but will be home for Christmas. I suspect he'll peruse the shops then... I thnk our shops are reasonable. Betting not so much up in Chi Town.
    I wanna ride!

I went up to buy a Trek y bike in Chicago at (Spokes) he had so many bikes he was choking on them, he wanted $1800 and I told him all I had was $1500 cash , he was not going to drop a penny dummy , I saw him selling a bunch of old stock y bikes last year for like $500-$600 each.

I saw this on the QCBC message board a couple of months ago that should be close to the right size. I'm just not sure if it is still available...

Like New Trek 2.1 58cm Road Bike for sale. I purchased it last year brand new from a local bike shop. I have all Receipts and manuals that will come with bike. The bike has only been used once as my job does not allow me to take advantage of this great bike!! Only has 30 miles on it. Bike is in Brand NEW condition with no chips, cracks, or scratches in it. Will include Brand new trek seat bag. Asking $800 for this or best offer. If you need specs please ask. Email: demarlie@gmail.com

Also have brand new Bontrager air pump, clip on pedals, shoes and helmet that I will sell separately or make a great package deal out of it. Also have Big Joe 3 bike rack that is in brand new condition that I will sell as well. Will hold up to 3 bikes and will fit on any car!!

...Although how can you go wrong with a new bike from the Trek store here in town?? :D

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/DSC01617.jpg
    http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/DSC01618.jpg
    http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/DSC01619.jpg
    http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/DSC01620.jpg

Nice bike looks like new :) I think a cross bike or a commuter bike would be a better choice, a lot of the bike paths in Chicago are crushed rock and the roads are rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Byke Dood View Post
    I went up to buy a Trek y bike in Chicago at (Spokes) he had so many bikes he was choking on them, he wanted $1800 and I told him all I had was $1500 cash , he was not going to drop a penny dummy , I saw him selling a bunch of old stock y bikes last year for like $500-$600 each.
    I just want to say that I think Spokes sucks! I do not recommend buying from them - I think the owners (there are two brothers that run two shops - one in Naperville the other in Wheaton - are complete jerks and even more completely full of crap! Worse, they are good at snowing you over like you're their best friend in the world so you never see it coming. The worst!
    Dirt Don't Hurt