• Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day

    Kids group ride from the 2012 TAKMBD event.

    Kids group ride from the 2012 TAKMBD event.

    FORC is once again participating in IMBA's Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day! This worldwide event encourages kids to foster an appreciation for nature and get active through the sport of mountain biking.

    Mark your calendars for Saturday October 4th from 10am to 1pm at Sunderbruch Park in Davenport, IA.

    Participants will learn about simple bike maintenance tips, trail riding skills, practice skills on a short obstacle course, and hit the trails on an adult led group ride on the green (easy) trails at the park.

    Click here for all the details.

  • WBP Trailwork

    Installing new semi-permanent signage at Westbrook Park.

    New semi-permanent signage being installed at WBP.

    Things are moving along at Westbrook Park. FORC has partnered with the City of Dewitt to design, build, and maintain a system of singletrack trail at the park for use by mountain bikes as well as hikers and other foot traffic.

    Three loops are now signed and open for riding which brings the total amount of singletrack trail built so far to 2.3 miles. However, we still need your help! Keep an eye on the Westbrook Park sub forum and the FORC Facebook page for announcements of upcoming trail work days. Also, a big thank you to all the volunteers who have already put their sweat into the trail system!

    Want to know more about Westbrook? Check out the Westbrook Park trail page. Here you can find trail related information and trail building updates.

  • Sylvan Island Bridge Closure

    Update (4/12/14:) Moline has secured $1.14M for construction of a new bridge at Sylvan Island. More details here.

    Update (9/10/13): Missman Inc. Structural Assessment of Sylvan Island Bridge (PDF 5.1 MB)

    UPDATE: A few articles with details about yesterdays Park Board Meeting concerning the Sylvan Island bridge.



     

    The city of Moline has deemed the bridge providing access to the Sylvan Island natural area and trail network structurally unsound and unsafe for public use. Gates have been erected blocking access to the island via the bridge. The trails on the island and the island itself will remain open to the public but will only be accessible by boat.

  • one8ty

    There is no available content written by one8ty
  • Get Your FORC Gear Here

    In Stock FORC Jersey Closeout: Save 50%!

    Check out the new FORC store!

    Looking for stickers, jerseys, tees, socks and more? Check out the online store for all your FORC gear needs!

  • Find FORC on Facebook

  • Recent Forum Posts

    bleedfororbea

    Farmdale Festival -- Sept. 19-21

    aww don't be a party pooper! bring some wet wipes and youll be good!

    bleedfororbea Today, 06:30 AM Go to last post
    Tigris99

    Tire sizes

    Up to 4" of some types. Check mtbr
    Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk

    Tigris99 Yesterday, 10:20 PM Go to last post
    LKM2004

    Tire sizes

    any size you want

    LKM2004 Yesterday, 03:45 PM Go to last post
    DH001

    IFP Trail Work: Thurs. 9/18 @ 5 pm

    This Thursday (9/18), we are going to build a few berms on the south loop reroute we worked on last Sunday. Meet by the kiosk on the lower south loop at the base of the sledding hill at 5:00 pm and...

    DH001 Yesterday, 02:47 PM Go to last post
    Bexter

    Farmdale Festival -- Sept. 19-21

    Ugh, yup, true to form, looks like a real PAMBA event. 60% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday, 40% for Saturday night. Still plenty of time for the forecast to improve...

    Bexter Yesterday, 11:59 AM Go to last post